ISSUE: May 2023
IN THE LIMELIGHT
REGISTER: On 17 May (11:30 – 12:10 CEST), we will host the first discussion for the ESSA Community on how to “Get started with ESSA: Tools for designing software professionals’ curricula and educational programmes”! Join this fireside chat with two of our software skills experts and ask your questions.
Best for: Education and training providers including HEIs and VET staff, and (future) software professionals!
Register for the webinar
The Future of Certification: Digital Badges and Micro-credentialing in practice: Education expert Wanda Saabel (Irish Computer Society) explains how digital badges and micro-credentials will make recognition of learning outcomes easy and flexible and contribute to more efficient up- and reskilling of individuals into in-demand software roles. Read more
ESSA deploys learning programmes for software up- and reskilling across Europe: ESSA starts a new phase to bridge the software skills gap in Europe. We are moving from conceptualisation and design to developing materials for the piloting of learning programmes that will equip individuals with the skills needed to thrive in the software services sector. Read more
- Year of Skills: Unlocking the potential of digital for people and companies | Online, 24 May | DIGITALEUROPE | View event
- Power-up skills: Developing Europe’s workforce – Networking event for potential Pact for Skills members | Online, 25 May | Pact for Skills | View event
- Bucharest Tech Week | Bucharest, 22 – 28 May | University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest | View event
- Grow Digital 23 Conference| Brussels, 6 – 7 June | EIT Digital | View event
OTHER INTERESTING READS…
- Finextra: 3 of the fastest growing software jobs in the UK
- Wired: Here Are the Skills You Need to Succeed in Tech in 2023
- Codecool: Everything you wanted to know about working in IT
- World Economic Forum: Future of Jobs Report 2023
ESSA ACROSS EUROPE
ESSA already has over 30 Associated Partners! Thanks to the growth of our network, we are present in 19 European countries – have a look at the map below and discover our Associated Partners network.
GET FREE RESOURCES
- How to Design Software Professionals’ Curricula: The report explains how the ESSA educational profiles and Software Skills Strategy lead to effective skilling, upskilling, and reskilling curricula. I Get the report
- A Certification Framework for Software Professionals: The certification framework for software professionals presents four aggregation levels, considering micro-credentials and using European standards like the e-CF, EQF, and ECTS. I Download the framework
- Accreditation Standards and Criteria for Software Professionals’ Education: The report introduces a Quality Assurance scheme for the learning programmes in selected software-related areas. I Get the report