Efficient corporate training with serious games
Presented by: Pegneon
Industry: IT/Human Resources
Location: Athens, Greece
Size: +250 employees
- Training a wide and diverse group of learners
- Employees’ and companies’ lack of time for training
Pegneon develops and delivers serious games for corporate training like the “safety game” where learners explore an office area and act on hazards they may encounter at work or “factory”, designed to educate industrial zone workers about safety measures.
Serious games have the potential to engage the learners/players with an immersive, personalised, and active journey which facilitates the learning process. The same game can be given to a diverse group of learners and does not require the involvement of a trainer, making it cost-efficient for companies. Pegneon also adapts its offer to the needs of companies, developing custom made serious games.
It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete a learning objective. This parameter is important for learner professionals and companies who often lack time for training. A summary of the player performance is provided to learners, indicating the areas of improvement.
Pegneon’s clients, like Netlink or the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport, have reported that all learners have completed their learning objectives successfully. These results seem to indicate serious gaming increases the learners’ completion and engagement rates.
- A flexible, tailored approach to training employees
- Action-based approach engages the learners and offers better completion rate than other types of e-training
- Cost and time effective training for companies and employees
- Replicable and adaptable to different learning materials
- Knowledge of game design and good UI/UX
- Clear definition of the learning objectives and in-game parallelism
- Basic knowledge of gaming mechanics for learners
- ESSA consortium (2021), Results of “Europe’s Most Needed Software Roles and Skills” needs analysis report https://softwareskills.eu/library/needs-analysis-report-2021/ ↑